110 Saskatchewan Ave. West
Join us for an Information Session to learn more about an innovative training and employment opportunity.
Monday, July 22, 2019 5:00 p.m.
Portage Learning & Literacy Centre
110 Saskatchewan Ave. W Portage la Prairie
Local Initiative For Transition To Work – Upskilling for Entry Into the Food Processing Industry in Portage la Prairie
Portage la Prairie is home to a strong and growing food processing industry. In consultation with local employers, a 12-week training program has been developed to help provide participants with the necessary skills to enter the food processing workforce. The Training program is a 12-week commitment, which requires full and prompt attendance from September 9th to November 29th, 2019.
Is a Career in Food Processing Right for You?
• Able to perform physical tasks which may require repetition, lifting up to 50 lbs., and/or long periods of standing.
• Access to reliable transportation.
• Able to work shift work.
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent is preferred. A minimum of Grade 10 completion is required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
About the Training:
• 12 weeks – September 9 to November 29, 2019.
• Full and prompt attendance is required.
• All Candidates must participate in a Selection Process in the 3 weeks prior to training.
• Training will take place in Portage la Prairie.
• A certificate of completion will be provided upon completion of the program.
You may be eligible for financial supports if you fit into one of these categories:
• Have a current or previous Employment Insurance (EI) claim
• Employed individuals who are low skilled
• In receipt of Provincial Employment and Income Assistance (EIA) benefits
• An individual who is unemployed or about to lose your job
Please RSVP to Workplace Education Manitoba’s Central Region Coordinator at 1-866-704-6118, ext. 13.